Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Mit, 2003-03-26 at 21:22, Ian Romanick wrote:

If the paged memory system is only used when DRI is enabled, does it really matter where the code the X server calls is located? Could we make the memory manager some sort of API-registered callback? It would be one that only DRI (and perhaps video-capture extensions) would ever use, but still.

As far as I understand Mark Vojkovich's comments on the next generation
XAA, all offscreen memory management is going to be handled via driver
callbacks.

Interesting. What about "on screen?" I mean, are there any plans to re-size the amount of memory used for the front buffer when the screen mode changes?