Dave Airlie wrote:
Hi all,
        I'd like to start commiting the changes to the i810 driver for
page flipping, although it isn't working perfectly (and cannot using the
current system) I would like to have the code in place, I'm using it here
for a single 3d app and it works fine...

The first patch I'd like to commit is the DRM changes the patch is at
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied/patches/dri/i810_drm.diff

I'd like someone to look over it before I commit it, basically to make
sure I've changed the version number correctly.. I bumped the minor
version as I've added the flip ioctl which I think is correct, I also
updated the date...

I persume then in my i810_dri code I should only attempt page flipping if
I get a version with a minor at least equal to my new one...

Correct.

The patch looks good.

Do you actually get a speedup from page flipping on the i810? Are there ever any visual corruptions that you would attribute to the hardware?

Keith