Maximo wrote:

At 02:31 PM 17/6/2003, you wrote:

> Reading the archives I notice that Andreas was working on "wait
> for idle". Do you know if he finished that? What should be the next step?

Since savage_bci.c doesn't have it, I conclude he didn't. IIRC what
Andreas said at the time, the problem is that this function depends on
the actual version of the Savage chipset family, so it's not a simple
cut'n'paste from the XFree86 2D driver.

After that, the next step would be create a function to write a buffer
to the BCI and the respective ioctl (to be called by the libGL driver
or, first, a test program).

I asked if "wait for idle" was finished because i found this function on savage_bci.c "
int savage_do_bci_idle( drm_savage_private_t *dev_priv )" and i thought it was the wait for idle thing. Am I wrong?

Hello,

no it is not finished because it just supports one family of savage chips. I have a S3 Inc. VT8751 [ProSavageDDR P4M266]. If you look at the corresponding DDX code you will see that the waiting _for _idle is really a tricky thing because it's not simliar for other chips. However, the waiting for idle is just a helper function. Much more important and top priority is the dispatch vertex stuff ( which uses wait for idle BTW ).

Regards,
Andreas Karrenbauer

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: INetU Attention Web Developers & Consultants: Become An INetU Hosting Partner. Refer Dedicated Servers. We Manage Them. You Get 10% Monthly Commission! INetU Dedicated Managed Hosting http://www.inetu.net/partner/index.php _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel