Korosi Akos wrote:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"
    Driver      "radeon"
    VideoRam    131072
    Option      "AGPMode"    "4"
    #Option      "AGPSize"    "128"
# === disable PnP Monitor  ===
        #Option                              "NoDDC"
# === disable/enable XAA/DRI ===
        Option "no_accel"                   "no"
        Option "no_dri"                     "no"
# === FireGL DDX driver module specific settings ===
# === Screen Management ===
        Option "DesktopSetup"               "0x00000000"
        Option "MonitorLayout"              "AUTO, AUTO"
        Option "IgnoreEDID"                 "off"
        Option "HSync2"                     "30 - 85"
        Option "VRefresh2"                  "50 - 160"
        Option "ScreenOverlap"              "0"
        Option "GammaCorrectionI"           "0x00000000"
        Option "GammaCorrectionII"          "0x00000000"
# === OpenGL specific profiles/settings ===
        Option "Capabilities"               "0x00000000"
# === Video Overlay for the Xv extension ===
        Option "VideoOverlay"               "on"
# === OpenGL Overlay ===
# Note: When OpenGL Overlay is enabled, Video Overlay
#       will be disabled automatically
        Option "OpenGLOverlay"              "off"
# === Misc Options ===
        Option "UseFastTLS"                 "0"
        Option "BlockSignalsOnLock"         "on"
        Option "UseInternalAGPGART"         "yes"
        Option "ForceGenericCPU"            "no"
        BusID "PCI:1:0:0"    # vendor=1002, device=514d
        Screen 0

    VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
    BoardName   "ATI Radeon 9100"
EndSection

What 2D driver are you using? This is all configuration for ATI's close-source driver. Mixing and matching parts from their drivers and parts from ours can only lead to failure.

In my experience, this isn't entirely true. The ati and dri driver can happily be installed together - both have their own *drm.a, *dri.o and *drv.o (unlike nvidia's driver which comes more or less with their own X Server...). The only thing you need to change when switching from dri to ati's driver (and vice versa) is you need to exchange the libGL.so.1.2 and just change the driver "radeon" to "fglrx" in the device section. Though I prefer having two device sections so I don't get the (harmless) messages about unused options at XFree86 startup.
And you need to make sure the right kernel module is loaded - unfortunately in my experience terminating the X Server, unloading the fglrx module, inserting the dri one (and changing the XFree86 config file and libGL) and then restarting X often results in lockups, so a reboot is required (though the other way dri->fglrx seems to work better). (Though I've only used 2.9.13, not the newer 3.x ATI driver - don't know if this still works, but unless ATI started to replace some XFree libraries it still should.)

This one seems to be an indication of serious trouble, but I've no idea why it happens:
>> (WW) RADEON(0): xf86UnMapVidMem: cannot find region for
>> [0x401fe000,0x80000]

Roland