--- Ian Romanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Alex Deucher wrote:
> > --- Ian Romanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>

> Close, but not quite exactly.  The goal would be to modify the
> interface
> between libglx.a (the part that handles the high-level GLX protocol
> stuff) and libGLcore.a (the part that does the drawing) to be the
> same
> as the interface between libGL and the client-side DRI driver.  Then
> "client-side" DRI driver would be loaded instead of libGLcore.a.
> That
> wouldn't change any of the issues in the client-side driver with
> buffer
> locations changing.

Ok I've started taking a look at this, unfortunately, I can't seem to
find where libGL and GLCore live in the course tree.  According to the
FAQ:

"The GLcore extension source code resides at
xc/programs/Xserver/GL/mesa/src/ . "

and,

"3.3.2. Where does libGL reside?

The GLcore extension source code resides at xc/lib/GL/GL/ . "

However, the directories seems to be empty.  I remember some talk a
while back about changing the tree around, but I didn't think that
actually happened.  Anyway, if someone would be so kind as to point me
in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

and just to double check,

DRI aware drivers live here:
xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv

glx lives here:
xc/lib/GL/glx/

how do these files relate:
xc/programs/Xserver/GL/mesa/src/X/

Also, in regards to 3D with xinerama, I have an idea.  if we can get HW
indirect rendering 3D working on indepenant heads, one could run dmx
(dmx.sf.net) and use glproxy to get xinerama working. (can't seem to
access sourceforge ATM).  it's not optimal, but it's an interim
solution.

thanks,

Alex