What exactly is the problem with Sourceforge anonymous CVS
anyway? I heard that the problems were a temporary measure
before they got new hardware to reduce the strain, but I
never saw any updates or new news about it after that.

One thing I was thinking. Couldn't a developer with CVS SSH
access simply checkout the tree, have a script that deleted
the CVS directories, and put that in a downloadable place
(sourceforge project page? :) as a nightly/every-other-daily
tarball?

Linus is talking about the inability to get an anonymous
checkout (which is plainly apparent to all of us) but we
all know that the real developer CVS is on different boxes
and is very well maintained.

The other idea, more hacky I guess, is to make an "anonymesa"
account with SSH access, and get the SF admins to put it on
the readers list so nobody can commit?

--
Matt Sealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>