On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 16:35, Eric Anholt wrote:
> CVSROOT:      /cvs/dri
> Module name:  xc
> Repository:   xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/kernel/
> Changes by:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]       03/10/19 16:35:59
>
> Log message:
>   - SMPng lock the DRM.  This is only partial -- there are a few code paths used
>   by root (the X Server) which are not locked.  However, it should deal with
>   lost-IRQ issues on -current which I think people have been experiencing but
>   I am unable to reproduce (though I understand why they would occur, because of
>   a bug of mine).  Note that most of the locking (DRM_LOCK()/UNLOCK())
>   is all covered by Giant still, so it doesn't matter yet.
>   - Remove locking on FreeBSD-stable and NetBSD.  These are covered by the fact
>   that there is no reentrancy of the kernel except by interrupts, which are
>   locked using spldrm()/splx() instead.

I thought I had this one tested pretty thoroughly, but I just found a
rough spot: We could sleep in the sysctl code with the device's lock
held.  Witness will complain loudly on a sysctl hw.dri.  I'll fix this
when I can.

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]