On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 15:52, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 03:05:57PM -0800, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 14:21, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > > CVSROOT:  /cvs/dri
> > > Module name:      xc
> > > Repository:       xc/xc/config/cf/
> > > Changes by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]       03/12/09 14:21:04
> > >
> > > Log message:
> > >   move NormalLibExpat definition into OS specific config files that'll help
> > >   the merge from/to XFree86 at a later stage.
> >
> > The build is still broken on FreeBSD.  Would it be objected to if I make
> > the static expatness optional depending on platform?  I'd rather not be
> > linking statically for our ports version of the DRI, anyway.
>
> Can you explain what's broken in the FreeBSD build ?
>
> Also - Is expat available on all FreeBSD versions ?

First it dies with not finding expat.h.  Adding EXPATINCLUDES to
common/Makefile.in fixed that.  Then it dies on -lexpat because expat
wasn't built (even with HasExpat YES not being defined in FreeBSD.cf).

expat is available in ports, and I feel pretty safe saying everyone ever
using the DRI on FreeBSD will already have it installed (having already
installed XFree86-4-libraries which depends on it).  I've never heard a
single complaint in my memory about HasExpat already being set
unconditionally in FreeBSD.cf.

> > What I'm trying right now is making an ExpatLibrary definition in
> > Imake.tmpl that is used in the drivers build.  It's overridden for
> > non-FreeBSD in host.def.
>
> Can you send a patch first ?
>
> Alan.

http://www.freedesktop.org/~anholt/dri-expatfix.diff

Apoligies for the mess in it; there are some other changes in there.
It's what I've just tested on FreeBSD and Linux, with the linking
looking like it ended up right (ldd shows no libexpat on linux)

Unless there's some compelling reason to have expat linked statically,
I'll have to end up patching to fix linking in ports, which will be
annoying.

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]