Chris Ison wrote:
I have found a possable bug in the dri implementation of glPointSize()
... it doesn't seem to work at all. I'm using the radeon.o drm and the
r200 mesa drivers.

The source I was trying (and works perfectly in windows) is located at
the bottom of this page
http://www.opengl.org/developers/code/mjktips/particles/

There is no difference at all in all 3 size selections of the particles
(2.0, 4.0 and 8.0) using glPointSize()

Have you tried glGet( GL_POINT_SIZE_MAX ) ?

You'll find it set to 1.0 because that is the largest the hardware will directly support.

There was a thread a few months ago concerning writing a useful fallback path (ie not swrast) that generated larger points with various primitives. I don't think it actually reached a point where I saw a patch ready for inclusion in CVS, however.

Keith