Stephen Waters wrote:
I'm attaching Xfree86 logs for 2.6.1-bk1-amd64 and Debian sid's 32-bit
2.6.0-k7-smp.

I still get the segfaults with amd64, but I haven't managed an strace.
Stupid forking keeps kill my strace! :)

The (EE) line in XFree86.0.log_2.6.1-bk1.amd64 indicates that DRM initialization failed. I guess it's still because of ioctl number incompatibilities between 32 bit XFree86 and the 64 bit kernel module.

For the moment, and until x86_64 DRM modules support 32 bit ioctls, you have two choices: either test the amd64 version of XFree86 or stay with the 32 bit version without DRI.

Regards,

Xavier

PS: Michel, since you're involve in DRM development, i'd like to bring to your attention that two email addresses (given in several radeon drm files) are obsolete : according to Va Software postmaster, Kevin E. Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and Gareth Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> left VaLinux more than 2 years ago.