On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 20:36, Xavier Hienne wrote:
> Stephen Waters wrote:
> > I'm attaching Xfree86 logs for 2.6.1-bk1-amd64 and Debian sid's 32-bit
> > 2.6.0-k7-smp.
> >
> > I still get the segfaults with amd64, but I haven't managed an strace.
> > Stupid forking keeps kill my strace! :)

What forking, BTW? The X server doesn't fork, does it?

> The (EE) line in XFree86.0.log_2.6.1-bk1.amd64 indicates that DRM
> initialization failed. I guess it's still because of ioctl number
> incompatibilities between 32 bit XFree86 and the 64 bit kernel module.

Not sure, DRI initialisation seems to succeed with the older kernel.
AFAIK Andrew Morton recently updated the DRM in his tree, maybe that's
already in 2.6.1-bk1.amd64 and breaks the relatively old X server even
more?

> [...] until x86_64 DRM modules support 32 bit ioctls [...]

What does the DRM have to do to support them?

> PS: Michel, since you're involve in DRM development, i'd like to bring
> to your attention that two email addresses (given in several radeon drm
> files) are obsolete : according to Va Software postmaster, Kevin E.
> Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and Gareth Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> left
> VaLinux more than 2 years ago.

Kevin should be reachable via [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] . Gareth
posted to the dri-devel list from [EMAIL PROTECTED] a (long) while ago.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer