--- Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:17:15 -0800 (PST)
> Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I just fixed 3D at 32 bpp on savage4 and commited the changes.  It
> > ended up being a define with the wrong bits set. I get between 280
> and
> > 300 fps in glxgears on savage4 at 32 bpp and around 600 at 16 bpp.
> > textures still aren't quite right on savage4.  I suspect textures
> need
> > to be setup slightly differently due to the differences in the
> bitmap
> > descriptors between architectures. or perhaps the tiling regs...

Whoops, forgot to mention I rewrote the mode and setup function specifc
for savage4 because nether the m7 one nor the twister one was quite
right.  I think architecture-wise the savage4 is in between.

> I see some texture problems too, but they don't show up in all
> applications. It looks like some low resolution mipmap levels are
> broken. Is this what you're seeing too?

What I'm seeing is what looks like alternate parts of the texture
shifted either too high or too low.  the texture should look like this:

1111111111
2222222222
3333333333

but instead looks like this:

 1 1 1 1 1
1212121212
2323232323
3 3 3 3 3

for things like the fish and trees in tuxracer.  The ground and ice and
tux look ok.  Chromium BSU looks similar, but shifted parts are much
narrower (bigger textures perhaps).

> If you want to play a bit more with the Savage IX, the Utah driver
> submits the last vertex of triangles twice. Maybe this is needed to
> get
> any output on these chips.

I think the older cards need some changes in how the tiling registers
are set up in savage_dri.c as well.  the stride is calculated
differently on the older savages (at least according to the 2D driver).

Also I'm not real familiar with the 3D side, I think something like
this would be good on the DRI wiki as well.  what does each of these
files do?  I have a good idea on most, but others...not so much.  Plus
how they all fit together.  if someone can help me fill it in (and
provide better descriptions) I'll post it on dri wiki.

savage_3d_reg.h - 3D register and macro defines
savagedma.h, savagedma.c - DMA stuff
savagetex.h, savagetex.c - textures
savage_xmesa.c - coordination with 2d?
savage_bci.h  - bci related defines and macros
savagespan.h, savagespan.c
savagecontext.h  - 3D context handling
savage_init.h  - card setup
savagetris.h, savagetris.c - triangle setup?
savagestate.h, savagestate.c - managing the 3D state in hardware
savagedd.h, savagedd.c  - ?
savageioctl.h, savageioctl.c  - ioctls for use with the DRM
savagevb.h, savagevb.c - ?