OK, I managed to compile just the kernel portion from what I hope is the
new CVS tree (:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/dri)

I get this in the X server output, which is also about what I expect to
see from the ones in the kernel:

(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIScreenInit failed because of a version
mismatch.
[dri] radeon.o kernel module version is 1.10.0 but version 1.100.0 or
newer is needed.
[dri] Disabling DRI.