actually I compiled dri sources from CVS and I installed them.
Synaptics driver now does not cause problems any more
but two problems persist:
1) text in open gl application is corrupted
2) I get only 200 fps (though glxinfo says dri is      enabled)

regards Cristiano

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 15:44, Felix Kühling wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 06:29:51 -0800 (PST)
> Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > --- Cristiano De Michele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > ok but what about the other two problems?
> > > in particular the fact that I can't use synaptics
> > > module is a serious problem for me and for now
> > > I can't use dri binaries :(
> > >

> > I'm not familiar with the synaptics module.  Is it a standard Xinput
> > driver or an out of tree driver?  I'm not sure why it's not working;
> > you may have to build it against the DRI tree.
> >
> > Alex
>
> The synaptics driver is not part of the XFree86 distribution. In Debian
> it's distributed as a separate package. I have version 0.12.1-1 from
> Debian testing running here with an Xserver built from DRI CVS. Maybe
> it's a problem with the Xserver binary in snapshots/extras? Alex, don't
> you offer a different XFree86 binary for download somewhere? May be it
> would be worth a try.
>

> [snip]
>
> Regards,
>   Felix

Cristiano De Michele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Department of Physics, University of Rome "La Sapienza"