On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:42:26 -0800 (PST)
Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Felix K_hling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:07:55 -0800 (PST)
> > Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> > >
> > > Cool.  I've enabled it by default for prosavages and twisters. you
> > can
> > > still disable it with the BCIforXv option.  If no one has any
> > issues
> > > with this version of the patch and thinks it's worth committing,
> > I'll
> > > commit it today.
> >
> > Definitely. The 3D speedup is really nice.
>
> Will do.  The newer savages can also use cob's of larger sizes (up to 1
> MB; currently 128k).  I'm not sure if/how much it will help
> performance, but the possiblity exists.  in theory we could even make
> it a tunable parameter.

At the moment it's a hard-coded constant in the code. Even worse, the
constant was wrong. ;-) I'll commit a fix in a minute.

> > > I think I may work on re-enabling the agpmode code and converting
> > the
> > > driver to the new dri-interface next.  I may also muck around with
> > the
> > > Xv stuff.
> >
> > Ok, so you're going to start looking into the 3D driver?
>
> A little bit. Unless you'd rather handle it or you want me to wait
> until you've finished the major overhaul. doesn't much matter to me.  I
> doubt I'll get into anything major initially as I still am not up to
> speed on mesa's internals yet.

No problem. I havn't really looked into it but think most of the
dri-interface changes would go savage_xmesa.c. I don't think it'll
interfere with anything I'll be working on for a while.

> Alex

Felix