--- Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On the Savage IX it freezes now, when the 3D window gets too close to
> the bottom of the screen. There is an extra allocation of 128kb at
> the
> end of the frame buffer that is not included in RamNeedeFor3D. It
> doesn't seem to be used though.
>
> Also the computation of the HW cursor location is off by one.
>
> The attached patch fixes these problems on the SavageIX. It also
> removes
> a few obviously useless lines of code.
>
> Finally I wonder why the case for disableCOB looks pretty much the
> same
> as the case with COB enabled. I guess the cobIndex will be ignored
> later, so setting it doesn't do any harm at least. But do we really
> have
> to allocate those 128KB?

I guess that's what I get for using S3's code.  Thanks for catching
these.  The patch looks good.  I don't see why we would would have to
allocate the 128K for the disable case, especially since it never even
gets written to the cob regs.  How does the attached patch look
(untested - it's basically just yours with some further cleanups and
removes the 128K allocation)?

Alex