On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> This is a diff for drivers/char/drm to make r128 use userland-loadable
> firmware.  It's completely untested (since I don't *have* an r128, I don't
> see any way to test it), but I bet it'll work; the firmware loading interface
> seems remarkably easy to use.

how does this work when the r128 driver is built into the kernel? if no
root exists will it fail? these microcode updates are provided by ATI to
fix issues with 3D operations in the original microcodes (or at least
thats how I understand them :-)

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person