On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 03:33:16PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> I don't think such a complicated scheme is needed? Just encode the
> microcode version in the filename and try to load any supported version,
> from most to least preferred?

I think that's what I meant.  Point being, have the kernel call out to a
userspace loader on the driver's behalf, instead of the user running a
loader like Nathaniel's in an init script or something.  I was also
reminding folks of the importance of versioning of the driver vs the
firmware, because one of his comments seemed to imply that you could
upgrade the microcode to a new version without changes to the driver.
This is not always true because the command interface may change from
revision to revision of the microcode.

--
Ryan Underwood, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>