I would really like to keep a single h file for the IOCTL defines. There are
equivalent drm.h's, like radeon_drm.h, files for each of the drivers too.  We
could make a user space wrapper that just 'typedef uint16_t __u16' for user
space and then includes the kernel version. Or we could write a script to
generate the user space version from the kernel one. Other than __u16 and __u32
I don't see any kernel specific code. Or is there some platform where uint16_t
!= __u16?

--- Greg KH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 06:07:27PM -0700, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > Would int16_t and int32_t work?
>
> No, sorry.  See the lkml archives for why.
>
> > Those int's were in there before I started working on it. __u16 and
> > __u32 are Linux kernel defines that aren't always there in user space.
>
> Don't share header files between userspace and the kernel.  End of
> problem :)
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

=====