Dave Airlie wrote:

Ick, you can't use "int" as an ioctl structure member, sorry.  Please
use the proper "__u16" or "__u32" value instead.

I just looked at drm.h and nearly all the ioctls use int, this file is included in user-space applications also at the moment, I'm worried changing all ints to __u32 will break some of these, anyone on DRI list care to comment?

Yeah, this has been discussed before. Unfortunately, I think we collectively decided to bury our heads in the sand. :(

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-devel&m=104343303725014&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-devel&m=104676626223226&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-devel&m=105096939304023&w=2

And what about kernels running in 64bit mode with 32bit userspace?  Care
to provide the proper thunking layer for them too?