--- David Bronaugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     - Format of messages might be something like device identifier,
> resx, resy, colour depth, refresh (optional), extra_params (optional)
Did you talk at all about memory mngmt?  For instance when setting a mode
is it needed to have a frame buffer or at least enuff memory for that
mode.  The reason I ask is in the VGA days one could have 6 FBs.  I know
for most things 2 will be sufficent but 3 is also good, thought it's true
you probly rarely need a full-screen FB.