--- Ian Romanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That's not entirely true.  I made a proposal last February (search the
> dri-devel archives for "texmem-0-0-2") that used a combination of
> in-kernel and user-space.  Basically, the memory management mechanism is
> implemented in-kernel, but the policy is implemented in user-space.

Here's a link to it:

Do you have any updates to it? We can put a copy up on fd.o and I'll link it
into the next round of discussions.

Can any of the kernel memory management code be reused instead of building our
own? Obviously this is a different pool but maybe we could use existing
allocators.

Are there any more design documents like this floating around that should be
referenced?

=====
Jon Smirl