--- Mike Mestnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm currently unable to define a clone mode where one screen is
> smaller
> then the other.  My thoughts are "1024x768_1024x768" == "1024x768" vs
> "1024x768-1024x768".

You can, but you can't mix and match multi-sized clone modes with
multi-sized dualhead modes.  I was thinking of doing something like:
option "metamodes" "1024x768-800x600-clone 1024x768-800x600-left"
adding the orientation to the metamode and then removing the
orientation option.  they problem is you then need to add checks to
make sure you have enough framebuffer for all of the modes listed and
you might end up with some huge or weirdly sized virtual desktops.
PLus it just adds to the confusion.  I also wanted to keep consistency
with other mergedfb drivers.

> The problem I have is that my settup is lopsided, one monitor has
> better
> modes than the other.  The *larger* monitor is on the right, thus
> making
> it the secondary for GL applications.

If you'd prefer it be on the left, you can always switch the
orientation of the crtcs.  in my set up, crtc2 is left of crtc1.  the
orientation of the crtcs doesn't really matter.

> Another fix would be to make the center be zero and every thing
> left(negitive singed) of that being larger(unsigned) then that on the
> right.  What is needed is to run full-screen apps (1600x1200) on the
> right
> side with (1400x1050) only partaly(1600 - 2047 + 1400 = 953 unused
> columns) being used for hardware GL.  This solution althought more
> correct
> is more tedious.

This isn't really feasible from the 2d drivers perspective.  you could
move the start of the 3d viewport over so that its "0" would be on the
right half of the framebuffer.

> Is any one interested in seeing this goin?

If you are going to go through that effort, you might as well just
solve the problem for real and have the 3d driver just iterate over
each block of 2048x2048.  see the dri-devel archives: "2048 limit code"

Alex