--- Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 11:32, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> > I think I finaly get it.  When we have a window grater then 2048, we
> need
> > to run a GL command move the cliprect and run it again?  The only way
> > find out where we need is to SW render the cmd.  Won't this cut our
> > framerate in half?  Plus moving the cliprect for most of the drawing
> cmds,
> > what about non-drawing.
> >
> > First thing I see is there is no check in the client driver for 2048.
> > What about numbcliprects, can we treat one app like its 2?  we are
> still
> > doing every thing twice, but now we just have overhead on the system
> CPU.
>
> The 3D driver already handles several cliprects for when a window is
> partially obscured, SHAPE windows, ... That would just need to be
> extended to multiplex the cliprects on boundaries of multiples of 2048.

I don't think we should even need togo as far as making these cliprects
'extended to multiplex' or in any other way make them special.  It would
merley be a scratch pad for us to keep track of where the vewport starts
and ends.  Is it sane for us to y2k the cliprects?  What about
datanormilisation and inconsistancys.  I.E. what do we do with a cliprect
that crosses the line?

It may be slightly more overhead but I don't see why we shoulden't just
calculate where the line is when we need to?  Maby save the result in
another smaller format, X line has X position, this is one unsigned int vs
4.  The answer is farily static?