> > > This only happens with 2.6 kernels. Prior do the lockup, everything
> > > works (I can see it through ssh), but the display gets blank, and never
> > > comes back.

doesn't happen for me,
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82865G Integrated Graphics
Device (rev 02)

[drm] Initialized i830 1.3.2 20021108 on minor 0: Intel Corp. 82865G
Integrated Graphics Device

OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 865G 20040506 x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 6.1

This is the latest DRM on a 2.6.6 kernel, you migt want to try 2.6.7-rc1
to check if it is a DRM issue, what XFree reelase are you running ..

Dave.

> > Andre - Can you give any more information on what might be triggering the
> > lockups?
>
> I'm getting the same lockups, and I can consistently reproduce it with the
> simple GL program in this mail:
>
>        http://cairographics.org/pipermail/cairo/2004-April/001175.html
>
> The example with the 1D texture runs fine, but the 2D example locks up my
> machine.
>
> HTH,
> Kristian

David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person