[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have compiled savage dri (included mesa and also drm) cvs. With glxgears I
get
267 fps. According to glxinfo dri is working. I use via-agp module.

My friend has also savage. He gets 390fps! He uses intel-agp module.

Why so big difference? Who is developing those agp drivers? Are there any pages
for them?

[snip]

My Computer:
aspire laptop +1600xp, via motherboard, savage twister (8d02), 2.6.6 kernel
xfree log attached with this mail.

It's hard to know what is causing the performance difference without knowing what both computers are. Is your friend's CPU faster? Does he have a faster version of the Savage chip? However, 267 fps on an Athlon 1600+ sounds like software rendering to me. Realistically, the AGP driver shouldn't make that much difference.