# On 26-May-2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
# > Me and my friend run glxgears with 1024x768 and 16bpp.
# > Patrick, I compiled dri cvs, so it doesn't matter what version of xfree 4.3
# > 4.4 etc I have. And dri was enabled, as you could see from attached file.
#
# Okay, that gets us somewhere. DRI cvs does use version two of 2 of the
# savage driver. However, are you using the right kernel modules as well?
# You should be using the ones that come from dri cvs.

Patrick, please read my older mails with same subject. DRM from dri cvs server.

# > Patrick, and my mtrr is also attached, can you tell me how to set it up?
#
# Just enable it in your kernel setup, and anything that supports them
# will use it automagically, including the savage drivers.

No, mtrr won't be just like that working always. Sometimes you have to fix it.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/devices.html#mtrr

# > What fps did you get? What is your laptop and with what motherboard, s3
# card
# > (lspci id number) and memory?

What lspci id numer?

# I cant remember exactly how much fps I got, but it was in the 250-300
# range. My laptop is an older presario 700, that uses a ProSavage KN133
# (an older TwisterK family chip). As you know, TwisterKs dont have any
# memory, but use host memory instead. I have it set at 32 megs (the
# highest it will go, chip limitation), which improves performace at
# higher resolutions such 1024x768 (which is the native resolution of my
# laptop's lcd panel).
#
# May I ask why you chose 16bpp, btw? Why not 32bpp, the chip is capable
# of it.

Because with 32bpp comes smaller fps rate.