--- Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 12:34, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> > Attached is a screen shoot of the effect of adding 1024 to the
> > ColorOffset.
>
> It's hard for me to recognize anything; can you describe your
> observations?

The data was shifted to the right, making it offcenter.  I will need to
find a way of undoing/compinsating-for this inorder to make changing this
offset usefull.

> > I still have to find where rmesa->state.color.drawOffset comes from
> and
> > what effect the first 4 bits(define RADEON_COLOROFFSET_MASK
> >      0xfffffff0) are for
>
> The 128 bit alignment.

The value is in 8bit bytes then? not pixels.  What kind of conversion will
I have todo, 24bpp = 4 bytes right?

I also have to pick where the cutoff will be, since I have to make an
allignment it'l have to be much less then 2048, like from 1024 to 2000 or
2032 at the most.

> > (Why "& RADEON_COLOROFFSET_MASK" was missing from _lock.c and
> _ioctl.c).
>
> I guess the offset is assumed to be aligned there. The hardware will
> probably ignore the lower bits anyway.

Just the same I'm going to correct this in my patches then.