--- Ian Romanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm going to try and wrap up the remaining issues preventing a single
> driver binary.  As part of that, I'm going to move the Mesa copies of
> dri_util.[ch] and glcontextmodes.[ch].  I'm also going to remove the DRI
> copies.  Since dri_util.[ch] are only used by the drivers, I'm going to
> move them to src/mesa/drivers/dri/common.

There is a copy in mesa/src/glx/mini too.

> However, glcontextmodes.[ch] are used by the drivers and the XFree86
> libGL, and will need to be used by the solo libGL.  Any suggestions of
> where they should go?

somewhere in mesa, not DRI. solo does not rely on the DRI tree.

> The next step will be to move the remaining source and header files from
> xc/xc/lib/GL/dri to xc/xc/lib/GL/glx.  That should be easy.
>
> The final file shuffling step will be to make the DRI tree and the Mesa
> tree use the libdrm.a build in the drm module.  Right now we have *3*
> copies of the same code.  There is a copy in each of: drm/libdrm,
> xc/xc/lib/GL/dri/drm, and src/mesa/drivers/dri/dri_client.  That's just
> nuts (but I understand why / how it ended up that way).  Any suggestions
> for getting at least the DRI tree to use the libdrm.a from drm/libdrm?

There's another libdrm copy in mesa/src/glx/mini too. Is the copy in drm/libdrm
ready, I can look at coverting miniglx to use it.

> I want to move quickly on this so that I can wrap it up.  I want to get
> it of my todo list. :)

It might be best to the the DRI version working and then tell me what I need to
do to patch up solo. But solo doesn't include any X headers so we can't use X
types in it.

=====
Jon Smirl