Keith Whitwell wrote:
Jon Smirl wrote:

--- Ian Romanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm going to try and wrap up the remaining issues preventing a single driver binary. As part of that, I'm going to move the Mesa copies of dri_util.[ch] and glcontextmodes.[ch]. I'm also going to remove the DRI copies. Since dri_util.[ch] are only used by the drivers, I'm going to move them to src/mesa/drivers/dri/common.

There is a copy in mesa/src/glx/mini too.

However, glcontextmodes.[ch] are used by the drivers and the XFree86 libGL, and will need to be used by the solo libGL. Any suggestions of where they should go?

somewhere in mesa, not DRI. solo does not rely on the DRI tree.

As the xc/ tree will continue having to import Mesa to extras/Mesa, the libGL code could pick it up from there.

Which reminds me; we will need to get an uptodate Mesa into extras/Mesa and go back to periodically updating it...

I guess a similar approach could work with libdrm.a -- create a new xc/extras/drm and populate it with a relatively recent drm (ie one with an interface new enough to support whatever the drivers in Mesa and DDX require). Get xc/ to import that into its tree and build from there.

It's nasty, but as we can't guarentee that libdrm.a will be anywhere sane outside of the X tree, I don't see another option.

Keith