Alex Deucher wrote:

--- Keith Whitwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As the xc/ tree will continue having to import Mesa to extras/Mesa,
the libGL code could pick it up from there.

could that be avoided with a SW only DRI driver like we've discussed several times on IRC and the ML? if libGLcore goes away...

I'm pretty sure that XFree86 and Xorg will continue to want to build 3D drivers as part of their distribution process. Even so, there are parts of Mesa that are needed to build libGL.so and libglx.a.