Thanks. This reenables 3D accel on the Savage. I havn't tested it on any
other driver. But the patch looks good to me.

Regards,
  Felix

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:39:59 -0400
Jon Smirl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here's a new version that should be compatible with all of the cases:
> 1) multiple maps
> 2) old X doing AddMap
> 3) fixed X doing GetMap - X needs to switch to this after all the
> drivers get fixed
> 4) drivers that have implemented permanent maps
> 4) drivers that have not implemented permanent maps
>
> I have a fix for my editor now that strips trailing blanks so I'm
> generating a few extra diffs but this will get rid of the trailing
> blanks in CVS after a few check ins.
>
> The reason for this change is to prevent X from moving the address of
> the framebuffer in PCI space. That is an illegal thing for X to do on
> Linux without also making the appropriate kernel calls. After all of
> the DRM drivers implement permanent mapping, X will get an error if it
> tried to move the framebuffer address.

| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |