Mike Mestnik wrote:

--- Philipp Klaus Krause <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you for doing this work. We really need to get the open-source
ATI driver on par with the propretary driver (both feature-wise and
performance-wise).

But sadly we will NEVER match it.

NO SmoothVision, HyperZ docu ever....

The nonfree xig driver has been developed without HyperZ docs and
outperforms fglrx.

It's my opinion that xig uses trickery to get there FPS higher then it
should be posible to under OpenGL compliant rendering. It's also true in
the font and 2d(like lack of xv support) accelerations as well.

What do you mean by the lack of xv support? I often use the XiG driver and have never encountered this limitation.

Adam