Am Samstag, den 08.01.2005, 20:54 -0500 schrieb Alex Deucher:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:18:24 +0000 (UTC), Martin Lucina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hi Felix,
> >
> > > [... new Savage DRM ...]
> >
> > I just tried this code via John's experimental Xorg packages at
> > www.nixnuts.net.
> > 400fps in glxgears, which is cute -- I never thought this laptops (Toshiba
> > Portege 7220cte) video card would see OpenGL. :-)
> >
> > Neverball also works fine and is quite playable at 1024x768/16bpp, with
> > reflection turned off. Also, the Cube 3D FPS engine
> > (http://wouter.fov120.com/cube/) appears to work quite well. [1]
> >
> > Haven't tried much else... but it's very impressive. Thanks a lot for the
> > hard
> > work. Call me up for a beer if you are around Slovakia sometime.
> >
> > I had to set ShadowStatus to true as you describe, otherwise I would get
> > lockups
> > when (e.g.) trying to move a running glxgears window.
>
> perhaps we should make shadowstatus default to on.

With DRI disabled the shadow status page is in frame buffer memory. On
my ProSavageDDR that leads to a chip lockup. Therefore I'd prefer to
enable ShadowStatus by default only if DRI is enabled or print a
Warning/Error message to the log if DRI is enabled without shadow
status.

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |