Roland Scheidegger wrote:

I suspect that quite the contrary, almost noone has crashes. This is probably part of the problem, if they happen only for few people with very specific configurations, none of the developers can reproduce it and it will just remain unfixed.
For reference, I never get crashes with the r200 driver (on a rv250), at least none which I can't directly reference to my own faults when playing around with the driver... At least since the state submit fixes half a year ago the driver seems quite solid for me. Except the hard lockup I got for some very odd reason when I used a gart size of 64MB, though that was on a r100.

Here (rv100 with 64MB gart, no fast writes) playing torcs for too long causes gpu lockups. I think everything else (ut2003, quake 3, ....) runs fine.

Stephane