Am Sonntag, den 13.02.2005, 11:03 +0100 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> On Saturday 12 February 2005 16:33, Felix K=FChling wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 10.02.2005, 07:21 +0100 schrieb=20
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> > >
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> [snip]
> > >
> > > Tested with 2.6.11-rc3. DRM functional with glxgears.
> > >
> > > tuxkart and tuxracer work most the time but
> > > sometimes=3D20 painting occurs outside of games window.
> > > Parts of the image=3D20 appear (sometime mirrored)
> > > outside game window or random=3D20 patterns appear.
> >

> > I can't reproduce this on my Savage/IX. Someone else
> > reported problems with 2.6.11-rc3, something like it
> > wouldn't even load the DRM modules. Maybe something's
> > broken with current DRM on Linux 2.6.11-rc3. If this
> > problem persists with the latest snapshot (tomorrow's
> > should have my latest fixes) could you try if it works
> > with a stock 2.6.10 kernel (you'd have to recompile the
> > DRM for it)?
> >

> OK, I will try with 2.6.10.
>
> > >  Cursor and numeric display in game window=3D20
> > > appear as random patterns.
> >
> > I just fixed another bug in texture tiling on Savage/IX.
> > Though it only affected the road-texture in Tuxkart for
> > me. Most textures were looking correctly. If you still
> > get broken textures with tomorrow's snapshot then it
> > might be a difference between our chip revisions (sigh).
> >
> > > Sometimes above games mess up the screen but restart
> > > Game a=3D20 few times "fixes" it.
> >
> > Can't reproduce this either.

I took another look at your lspci-output. It's a PCI card, right? I saw
vertex corruption with PCI-DMA on my Savage4 once. Maybe this isn't
working reliably. Does it help to set enable_vdma to false (in driconf
or the environment)? Performance will be worse though.

Have you overclocked your front-side bus? In that case, does it help if
you don't overclock?

> Every time starting tuxkart or tuxracer different textures
> get messed up. For example, in tuxracer sometime trees and=20
> herrings show as randomly colored rectangles/shapes only,=20
> and herring counter and speed indicator OK; restart and=20
> tress and herrings OK but indicators show (some) digits as=20
> rectangles.
>
> Ground in tuxracer seems to go partially wrong as well,=20
> seems that some textures do not belong there....
>
> Seems to go wrong already during initialization as behavior
> afterward seems consistent.
>
> By what I see about wrong texture patterns, just wondering,=20
> could pointers to some texture buffers be invalid and it=20
> then paints with crap data?

Did you override the VideoRam size in xorg.conf? Maybe you made it
believe that it has more memory than is actually available.

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |