Hi,

On Saturday 19 February 2005 00:46, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
> There is some problem with driconf, it seems to have some problems
> because the driver's name (radeon) does not match what it expects
> (r200). Likewise, I couldn't figure out how you'd have 2 separate config
> sections for both r100 and r200, currently you'll get all options of the
> r200 (though it won't work for that chip family...), some options just
> won't do anything on r100.

When I started working on the R300 driver, I did some similar work so that
the R300 driver should in theory be able to handle R200 as well (this R200
support has certainly gone to hell by now because of all the hacking that
has been going on).

The point is, I also faced the driconf issue, and you can see how I
attempted to tackle it at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/r300/r300_driver/r300/radeon_screen.c?rev=1.7&view=auto
My solution is probably not that good, but it might give you some ideas.

cu,
Nicolai