Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> radeon has support for suspect resume as well.  you need to add pm
> hooks into your agp module to re-initialize it on resume (some agp
> drivers may already have this).  you also need to re-init the video
> hardware properly.  the radeon DDX does this in the enter/leaveVT
> functions.  this page may be of help:
> http://cpbotha.net/dri_resume.html
> The Xv stuff may need resume support too.

there is a problem with the radeon resume though. on my thinkpad t40,
running glxgears the frame rate drops from about 3300 to 3000 and if i
run more graphics intensive applications (like flightgear for example)
they are noticeably slower and feel choppy. restarting the x server
cures the problem, so i think this has something to do with how the
hardware is being re-initialized on resume but i don't know how to
debug it.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |