On Friday, June 10, 2005 10:46 am, Jon Smirl wrote:
> We don't have enough people to finish one set of drivers and cetainly
> not enough to finish two. What we are going to end up with is two
> half finished systems. People working on KAA are capable of making
> valuable contributions to DRI/DRM if they choose to.

Well, that may be true, but in the open source world people will work on
the things they're interested in; you can't really tell them what to
do.  Hopefully they'll be enough interest in the EGL stuff to get a
good number of drivers finished (and who knows, maybe the Shiny stuff
will be simple enough that people can get started with it, write some
driver drivers, and then move onto EGL, with the end result of actually
*adding* developers with experience to the EGL effort).

But anyway, you've said all this before, sorry for pulling you off
topic. :)

Jesse