Jon Smirl wrote:
My patch will do nothing for the S3 resume problem. There must be some
bug in the radeonfb power management code. The only way I can think to
debug this is to put bunches of printks into
drivers/video/aty/radeon_pm.c and then hook a serial console up to the
laptop. [...]

Hmm. I could try that (though not in the next couple of weeks because I won't have access to another machine), will the serial console will come up before the hang occurs?

Furthermore, real kernel hackers (as opposed to me) have been working on this for a while, which leads me to believe that it's not so simple as that. I can try of course...

Cheers,
Lorenzo