Dave Airlie wrote:
I had been hoping for some more comments from the "senior" DRI hackers.
Egbert's patch takes somewhat the opposite approach from mine; where I
extended the RADEONDRIRec structure to have space for 64-bit handles,
Egbert's patch unconditionally makes the drm_handle_t be 32-bit.
Which is fine if the DRI developers generally agree that limiting
handles to 32 bits is OK, but I don't think that discussion has been
had yet.

Yes a bit of interest from idr, alanh and keithw might help us out here...
(and anyone else who knows this area)....

Yes, sorry about this. As it stands I don't have a particularly good understanding of the issues and will have to spend a bit of time getting up to speed before I can provide any sort of useful input.

Keith