Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

>> By the way, quake3 (original version) doesn't work any more with
>> latest Mesa + DRM on both r200 and r300.  It just hangs immediately
>> after entering a map.
>
> Have you tried disabling some graphics options ? I just run Quake3
> on somewhat old version of Mesa, but recent DRM and r300 driver.

I've tried both "vertex" and "lightmap", with no changes.  Quake hangs
after drawing the first frame, which looks visually correct.

I think the bug is in Mesa CVS since a couple of weeks.
r200 cards are also affected, so it's not an r300 specific bug.

I've just noticed I have page-flipping enabled in my xorg.conf.
I can't afford to crash my X session at this time, but I'll
try disabling it later.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/