On 10/27/05, Aapo Tahkola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:00:18 +0200
> Mattias Nissler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > 3. quake3: I did some heavy struggling with the quake3 source tree,
> > but now I could get it running. It renders correctly when I use the
> > Mesa software renderer (but unplayable then, of course). With r300 I
> > made the same experience reported by BenH earlier this month: intro
> > works, main menu somewhat broken, submenus work, the game itself is
> > completely messed up :-(
> > If you are curious here are some shots:
> >
> > http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/q3shots/shot10.jpeg
> > http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/q3shots/shot11.jpeg
> > http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/q3shots/shot12.jpeg
> > http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/q3shots/shot13.jpeg
> > http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/q3shots/shot14.jpeg
> >
> > Any ideas what could be causing those problems? Is quake3 rendering
> > correctly on x86 at the moment? I am willing to look into the source
> > if someone could give me a few hints what to look for. I can also do
> > some further testing if that helps...
>
> Im not ppc expert but you could try this.

The hardware could do the swapping for us no ? If i remember
correctly i have put a couple of ifdef about big endian in setup
code to do some swapping...

reg 2140 was for that (see r300_state and look for big endian).

Anyway long time i didn't get access to my ppc config, i will
try to take a look at what i have got on that.

best,
Jerome Glisse