>> I just started reading the X code about 6 months ago, and the learning
>> curve has been steep.  My emails to dri-devel are answered now and
>> again, and that is kinda frustrating when you want an answer NOW.

You maybe have missed out on #dri-devel on freenode irc, it works
reasonably well for getting insta-answers depending on timezone etc..

>> Dave eventually got the RS480 working, (which is great, but
>> frustrating that I couldn't have the rush... ;-) )

Hey 3D is still busted on the rs480, I've no idea when I'll get around to
it, I'm sorta tipping away and the internals of r300 are not the nicest
place to hack around in..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG