On 4/23/07, Dave Airlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> I just started reading the X code about 6 months ago, and the learning
> >> curve has been steep.  My emails to dri-devel are answered now and
> >> again, and that is kinda frustrating when you want an answer NOW.
>
> You maybe have missed out on #dri-devel on freenode irc, it works
> reasonably well for getting insta-answers depending on timezone etc..
>
> >> Dave eventually got the RS480 working, (which is great, but
> >> frustrating that I couldn't have the rush... ;-) )
>
> Hey 3D is still busted on the rs480, I've no idea when I'll get around to
> it, I'm sorta tipping away and the internals of r300 are not the nicest
> place to hack around in..

Yeah, a clean up would probably be a very good idea for the R300 driver. But
this is tricky because it takes a lot of time to clean up code, and make sure
you didn't accidentally break something...

Maybe we can try comparing the ring and indirect buffer writes from the blob for
R300 vs RS480. Just drawing a simple triangle.

I'll probably try to add some more advanced analysis code into my tool soon. I'm
thinking of a list like:

int count;
int type, reg, val;

So the tool just builds the list at run-time then does the "real" analysis after
it's executed and created lists for each of the GL tests. This way I could do a
semi-intelligent diff between the different tests. Add functionality for
reading/writing the list as a binary file and we can then do comparison between
different hardware.

Just an idea for the moment. I haven't worked out the details yet.

Oh, I also just added indirect buffer analysis to my tool. It's still pretty
primitive and I need to remove some duplicate code, but it's progressing. :)