On Tuesday, June 12, 2007 10:05:46 Keith Packard wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 09:40 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > Hm, we might get nonsensical values or a non-incrementing vblank
> > count, but otoh userspace didn't bother to enable vblank events for
> > the pipe it just requested one for, so maybe undefined behavior is
> > ok?
>
> The 'undefined' behaviour here is that the frame count will never
> arrive so the client will block forever.
>
> > If not, it would be easy to check the dev_priv->vblank_pipe value
> > for sanity here.
>
> That, and we should also wake everyone up when crtcs are reconfigured
> so clients can reset which crtc they're waiting for.

Does that belong in the vblank_enable routine or in a new modeset
routine?

Btw, I pushed all the latest stuff (including the changes Michel
recommended) into the vblank-rework tree of mesa/drm.  I've tested on
one machine here at hasn't crashed yet and things seem to be working
ok...  Now to test without the vblank disable stuff Eric put in the DDX
driver...

Jesse