On 11/27/07, Kristian Høgsberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah - I'm trying to limit the scope of DRI2 so that we can have
> redirected direct rendering and GLX1.4 in the tree sooner rather than
> later (before the end of the year).  Maybe the best way to do that is
> to keep the lock around for now and punt on the lock-less super-ioctl
> if that really blocks on hardware context support.  How far back is
> hardware contexts supported?

Hmm you can't be binary like that. I think there are 3 classes of devices
around :
- no context support at all : old radeon, old intel
- multiple fifos, no hw context switching : newer radeon, newer intel
- multiple fifos, hw context switching : all nvidia

The third case obviously will never require any kind of state re-emitting.

Stephane