On Nov 28, 2007 6:15 AM, Stephane Marchesin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 11/28/07, Keith Packard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 00:52 +0100, Stephane Marchesin wrote:
> >
> > > The third case obviously will never require any kind of state
> > > re-emitting.
> >
> > Unless you run out of hardware contexts.
>
> Well, in that case we (plan to) bang the state registers from the kernel
> directly and do a manual state swap.
> So we still don't need state re-emitting.

Well, banging the state registers from the kernel sounds like state
emission to me - you mean userspace state emission wont be needed?.
How does the kernel know how to restore the state? Can you swap a
previously set hardware state out to vram/hostmem?  I guess you can
always just read out the registers you need...

Kristian