I'm in the process of skimming through the 3D programming documentation
of the r6xx chips. AMD announced on XDC 2008 to make it public, so it
will show up pretty soon. It's one massive beast, more than 650 pages...

Obviously, the first step to get 3D working on r6xx is to update the
radeon DRM to support these chips, and I think I've understood enough
now to start working on this thing. I assume working in a public user
repro is the best way to collaborate, but I'd be fine working in a
branch on the main repro or just sending patches, just what fits best.

r6xx looks substantially different than previous chipsets, but I think
it still fits into the radeon driver. If it turns out that for exposing
additional features and using DRI2 it's better to split out parts, that
can be decided later on.

Any comments on advancing here, or pitfalls to avoid? Has anybody
already some ideas how to restructure things if necessary?

So long

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          [EMAIL PROTECTED]