> Gallium might ultimately wind up in its own repository as a stand-alone
> project.  Afterall, Gallium drivers could be used by APIs other than OpenGL.

The question is mainly from a distro point of view what do we need to ship
a gallium driver. The current method would mean we need a Mesa tree for
normal DRI drivers and a gallium-mesa tree for gallium based drivers. This
isn't brutal but I'd hate to spend a lot of time on the setup phase just
to find the target moved.

So if gallium is in a separate project will it need parts of Mesa to
build. If it needs parts of mesa to build does it make sense in another
project.

Will the gallium/mesa interface move. so we end up having to provide
synced version in any case, in which case why have different trees.

Dave.